Saturday, March 16, 2013

Destroyer of Worlds by Dennis Sharpe


This story set me in mind of Stephen King’s Dark Tower Series or a Twilight Zone episode!
David is seemingly stuck in perpetual loop. Repeating the same time over and over again. When he returns to the Destroyer he always answers the question the same, and yet he hasn’t figured out what must be done to avoid the loop.
I did smile at his efforts, but in my opinion the way to end the loop lied in his answer to the destroyer not in the things he did outside of that.
I liked how in each loop there were slight differences that slowly opened David’s eyes to the fact that he was in deed stuck in a loop.
The end of this story..Made me cry and smile all at the same time. Dennis Sharpe added a touch of magick to this work and the world should read it they haven’t yet.
5 out of 5 Paws

No comments:

Post a Comment